Friday, March 09, 2007

Taxing... so taxing

If you're insane, like me, then you are doing your own taxes this year. Or maybe it is a simple matter of, like me, you can't see paying someone a hundred to two hundred dollars to save you twenty bucks on the $50 you might or might not owe to the IRS.

I've got all the books I could from my local library, and printed stuff off from the IRS website on my printer. It is a headache trying to figure out what applies and what does not apply, but if I don't learn to do my own business taxes, should I really be planning to be in business long term?
For me it is all part of being in business. I consider tax time to be a time to run a refresher course in small business management. I go over my business plan and consult my tax information and look at what I have bought for my business, what it has cost me vs what I have made and I determine if I am on the right track or if I need to reevaluate everything I have been doing.

It's not tax time, it is spring cleaning for my business. Time to dust off the cobwebs that have built up on the business plan and double check the methods of organization I have been using and maybe even splurge on a few things to make the office tidier in the name of cleaning things up for doing the taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy