Saturday, May 26, 2007

Forever Stamps - buy enough and they will last you forever

My dad was telling me that he heard on the radio that someone had bought $8,000.00 worth of the fixed rate stamps from the post office. I'm not sure that if I had eight grand to spend stamps would even be on the radar for me. There is just not much that they are used for anymore to need buying them.

Someone did the math, and $8,000 for 41 cent stamps would be 19,512 of them. So if you use them at a rate of 81 stamps a month it would take you 20 years to use them up.

I have not checked that math myself, but it sounds reasonably close to a ballpark figure at the least. It just don't make sense to me to spend that much on stamps without a really good reason for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy