Saturday, May 09, 2009

Second Saturday Market is another bust before it was even a go

Okay, here it is, Saturday, the day before Mother's Day, the day when I should have had my best sale of the year on quilts and I am sitting at home with dad rather than being able to get up to the Saturday Market that I had planned to be able to be in my second week of selling quilts at.

To say that I am annoyed would be an understatement, since it is pure family politics crap that has curtailed things. It has also given me and dad a renewed determination to prove people wrong in their estimation of my goals. I want to make quilts to help me in paying off the mortgage on my parents house, a effort that I have been told is nothing but a fanciful daydream that is doomed to leave me disappointed in the form of my losing the house one day (soon according to those saying I can't save it).

My mom taught me that you don't give up when you see something that you really want, however, and I am not about to give up on this house.

Mom encouraged my writing over the years, and she was immensely proud of the ability I had developed to earn money by writing online. She taught me that anything worth doing is worth doing right, and that any dream was within reach if only I wanted to reach for it. I'm going to reach for this house, and I intend to grasp it with both hands and hold fast. The naysayers be damned.

So, since with nothing more than an ATV as transportation I can not haul dad up to the park in Houston at 8am every Saturday, and keep him there until after 9pm, I have decided that I am going to bypass the local Saturday Market angle and sort out other avenues for selling my quilts. I'm not sure what all I am going to do, yet, but I have the determination and drive to make this happen. Let's see if that is enough.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy