Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Voice recognition software and multitasking

I have already talked on a few of my other blogs about the voice recognition software that I found on my new computer, I would like to talk a little bit about it here as well. The program takes a bit of training, not only for yourself, but for the program as well. It needs to learn how to recognize how you pronounce words, once it has learned that it is able to make corrections in your speech pattern and translate the proper word to print on the screen. I have not yet found a way to get the program to insert proper punctuation, and I do have to fix errors in which word, or series of words, it assumes I meant to say.



So far I am very impressed with how this program is performing. I tend to speak with a very slight, if sometimes not so slight, lisp and the program is accurately translating the words that I meant to say roughly 80 to 90% of the time; if not more in line with 90% to 95% of the time now.



The program learns do understand how I talk and is able to translate what I am saying and leave my hands free, for this reason I can see where once this program has learned how to translate what I am saying with enough accuracy that only minimal editing is required I will be able to say that my desk and dictate what I want written in my novels while working with my polymer clay creating one of the kind dolls that I can sell. and that is why I figured that others working at home, particularly those who, like me, have a problem with pain in their joints from typing, might benefit from looking into voice recognition software. The program that I am using appears to have been bundled with the version of Windows that is on my new computer, probably as a part of Windows Media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy