Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - retirement

It's Thursday, and there is a lot I need to get done here. I considered doing a Thursday Thirteen about it all, but I went to visit the Thursday Thirteen site and the lady that runs it is closing it. :-(

She's looking into selling the rights to someone else, (and I have been considering asking about that myself), so I am not fully giving up on TT yet. As a possible final offering of Thursday Thirteen for my blogs here are... (Sorry, no code, header graphics, or blog roll - they were all retired by Leanne.)... (other TTers are welcome to link to their own TTs in my comments and as soon as I can get a blogroll on here I will move them to it. Thanks!)


Thirteen Things I need to do around the Work at Home Newsletter, or it's going to close too:

1. Build a template for what exactly I want to cover on business spotlights so I can better highlight home based business opportunities for people

2. Refine the template on the blog so that it is more aesthetically pleasing

3. Get the website up and going and linked to the blog

4. Marketing marketing marketing

5. Get a "to do" list that is focused on things I need to get for this business

6. Find more articles for the newsletter from other writers to better broaden the points of view on things presented to the readership

7. Set up a hour a week to work exclusively on defining the week's goals for the Work at Home Newsletter and getting things in line for smooth publication and work flow that week

8. Give readers something interactive that could give them more reason to come back other than just reading things? Need to ponder on this

9. Taxes. UGH!! Must get information on taxes up, must do my taxes. ::hides::

10. Set up a blog roll for other work at home blogs to exchange links with the Work at Home Newsletter

11. Talk to Bill at PlatonicSolid.info about what it might take to set up a basic shopping cart site for people with home based businesses. As many small businesses as he works with he should have a lot of input on this.

12. Write up a few articles over the weekend (if I can find the time to breathe) that I can publish here throughout next week

13. Print this list so that I don't loose it under other posts and forget what all I need to get done here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

February 22, 2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Good list. I've always pondered working at home, just haven't figured out the monetary end of it. I'll definitely be checking back in with your site.

February 22, 2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger Bubba said...

Great list...and good luck with your site...may it live for a long time.

Happy TT!

February 22, 2007 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work from home. I found that word of mouth marketing worked best for me. I wish you much success in your endeavor. BTW, love the layout of your site. Very clean and professional. Happy TT!

February 22, 2007 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy