Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Are you ready to be your own boss?

When I began working at home I was sure that I was going to be able to make my chosen business work and that I could maintain that business while providing myself with a reasonable level of needed income.

I had spent years preparing for work as a freelance writer, and although I had not expected to be an advertising copywriter I have discovered that it is a challenging and interesting career to be in.

Setting my own hours, I can work when I want to. And, I can choose which advertisements I want to write, which companies I want to work for, and build my business in whatever manner I desire.

It is a good business to be my own boss in.

The one problem with being my own boss is that I must be the toughest boss I have ever had. There can be no slacking off work early, there can be no putting off an assignment just because I don't feel like working. There is no one else to pick up the slack or take the blame if I do not have an article or short story done on time. There is only me and my business. And my business is me.

So, bottom line? Should you be your own boss? Only if you can be the toughest boss you have ever had and still like yourself enough to hang out with you over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy