Thursday, September 20, 2007

No simple errands pt 2

Want more proof that no errand is simple? How about taking out the trash?

The yesterday I was carrying a bag of trash out to the dumpster, normal walk other than the light rain. My foot went down just wrong on a slick rock in the drive. Rock went sideways. Foot went sideways. Ankle went sideways with it. I went down.

Hard nosedive and breaking my fall with my left hand. I then went slamming down to my left knee and rolled onto my left shoulder, finally ending up sitting in the drive facing back the way I had come clutching my left hand. My right leg was folded under me.

My mom had been starting the car at the time and looked up, unbelievably asking me what happened. All I could manage to say was "You missed one glorious crash!" She asked if I was okay and I said "yup. just hurts." It did. I picked myself up, slowly, and continued, very slowly, to the trash dumpster.

There are no simple errands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy