Friday, April 25, 2008

Medical PDA Software

While I do not work as a health professional, I often feel as though I do. Being a full-time family caregiver, I know a lot of information about various drugs and interactions and healthy eating and what drugs can interact with certain foods and...

I sometimes think that I should just get myself a nursing degree and go into nursing, but my love is writing. I sort of fell into the caregiver role, and doubt that I would ever do the things I do for my parents for anyone else. Still, there are a lot of things that I have found over the years that are intended for health care professionals but can translate well into use by family caregivers.

Take the free medical PDA software from Epocrates as an example. Intended to be used by physicians to cross reference possible drug interactions when they are prescribing medications for patients, the medical PDA software can also be used by family caregivers to discreetly double check new prescriptions for possible interactions, dangerous side effects and other concerns before they leave the doctor's office.

In addition to the PDA version, Epocrates has medical software for other devices, such as: Pocket PC, Palm, Windows Mobile. They have also recently launched medical software for Blackberry, and are working with Apple to develop a downloadable guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

____________________________________________
This announcement was paid for by Epocrates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy