Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"I don't feel like it right now."

I was talking to one of my friends last night about my working at home and I commented to her that I'll be doing good if I can wrestle up the discipline to work at it as a real job rather than treating it as a job where I can say "I don't feel like it right now."

As long as you can say, "Awww, man, I don't feel like working," then you will never make a job out of whatever you are trying to do. If you only work when you feel like it then you are going to be pursuing a hobby, not a business.

If I worked only when I felt like it I would have been out on my ATV every sunny day for the past week. I would have slept in late, gone to bed early and spent a lot more time chatting with my friends online.

You can't say: "I don't feel like it." You have to say: "I may not feel like it, but..." and then dive in and do the work. You can't make a living doing what you love if you just do it for love. Do it for love and for work, then you can make a career out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy