Friday, February 29, 2008

So much for eventually moving away from paid posts

I'm not going to say exactly what it is that has ticked me off, but suffice to say that something happened that has really screwed up my plans for the future. I have a business plan laid out in a notebook on the shelf beside me, and one of the first things that I have listed in my future goals for earning a income while working as a full-time family caregiver is to work my way towards no longer taking on paid posts for my blogs.

At the moment the rules state that you can do paid posts in blogs, but if you do then you have to place a Rel=Nofollow tag in the link or you are slapped down to a PageRank of zero by Google. They don't forbid ads that have not got that in blog posts, they just strip you of your page rank if you don't have it.

I got into the paid to post about companies in your blog deal close to the start of it, and I have worked hard to change as the rules are changed. I have been working specifically toward getting the few sites that have paid posts on them away from having to post any without a rel=nofollow tag and seriously want to move out of the paid blog posts entirely. The trouble is, my plans for how to do that rolled onto their back and kicked their legs up into the air this morning.

Really fricking pissed me off because I had not done anything to initiate the demise of those plans - outside sources messed them up. So, I am working to get something done to revive the poor plans and if that don't happen... I suppose if that don't happen I am f*cked and will be following the paid to post advertising stuff since I can not work outside the home. Right now I am just really really upset about this and want to hurt something, but there is not a lot I can do other than start deciding if I will post blog ads on all my sites or let them expire when they come up for renewal.

At the moment, I am facing doing paid to post advertising for a long time simply because it is at the moment impossible to move away from that as I had planned. I'll go growl about something else now, just needed to vent and this was the most appropriate place for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy