Tuesday, August 12, 2008

hoffice?

I was reading an article in the Ocala Business Journal this evening (I love being able to read papers from all over LOL) and I came across the term 'hoffice'. Now, what drew me to the article in the Florida newspaper was a blurb on the RSS feed that said:

Items personalizing Andy Stracuzzi’s work space include a desk built from wood salvaged from a barn and topped with a map of Alaska.


Topped with a map of Alaska? Oh rly? I just had to check this one out and see why his home office has a map of my State on it, right? lol Turns out that Alaska reminds him of adventures. Kewl! I can see that. Anyway, I saw the term hoffice in the article and found that interesting. He defines it as a new term for home-office, but I had never seen it before, so I went looking to see if I have had my head in the construction going on next door more than I had realized. Where did hoffice come from?

Seems like there are a lot of ...hoffice... websites out there. There is a book at Amazon.com (if you want to shell out $185.76 for it) that discusses the hoffice: Telecommuting: A trend towards the hoffice? (Current issues series) A little out of my price range, but apparently I've been not paying attention to the trend for longer than I had realized. The 29 page book was published in 1994.

And yet, I don't see where Wikipedia has any references to hoffice, nor does Google seem to find anything to help define the term when I search for definitions. Apparently I am not the only one that is behind on the lingo trend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy