Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Life Changes

Life can change so quickly, and my life has recently changed quite drastically.

On September 10th, after a week long stay in the intensive and critical care wards of the hospital, my father Billy L. Fikes passed away from natural causes.

I spent the bulk of my adult life as a caregiver, and now find that I have to make many changes in my life. The first is going to be in my work. I am redirecting all of the efforts I placed over the years into providing care for my parents toward making my writing take off and become a full-time career.

Today, to keep myself active and busy, I am remodeling the work area and getting everything organized to make completing my work in a logical and efficient manner as easy as possible. I am living alone for the first time in my life, so my first goal is going to be to get my home office configured to help me maintain the home business I worked so hard to build, then nearly lost as I was forced to dedicate more and more time to helping my dad, and less and less time to my writing work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy