Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Work Challenge

In my last post I discussed how people that run a small business from home might work in a fifteen minute break for every four hours of work time. It is not something I have managed myself to implement, but I am going to make a strong effort to make it work for me. So, a challenge...

Schedule your work day to include specific breaks and stick to that break plan.

I am going to set up my work day so that after every three and a half hours of working at the computer doing my writing, I take a fifteen minute break. I will also have a thirty minute lunch break in which all I am allowed to do is prepare and slowly eat a scheduled mid work day light meal.

I am going to keep this up for one week starting tomorrow, then at the end of the week, on the following Wednesday, I will report how successful (or unsuccessful) I was in maintaining my 3.5 hours of work and fifteen minute break. And if it gave me better focus in the time that I was at the computer working.

If anyone else wants to participate in the experiment, I would love to hear their results.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy