Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sewing on old fur coat

I've been working on sewing back together a antique fur coat that the owner's kid was wearing when they played with the dog - or at least that is the tale I heard and I have no cause, having seen how badly damaged the coat is, to doubt the story.

When I got the coat it had already had some major repairs made to it, and I still could not safely put it onto my dress form. I've got it on the form now, however, finishing up a few final stitches to piece it back together as best as I can, but there are major pieces missing and what was present has been sort of Frankensteined back together in bits and pieces.

It has, surprisingly, gone back together in reasonably decent shape, and will be going back home tomorrow. I'll be glad to let the poor fingers rest a little bit from trying to get the needles to go through the tough leathers and not demolish the frail leathers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy