Tuesday, May 10, 2011

7 Questions to ask before you buy something for your home business

It is not easy to work at home, there are a lot of distractions and you need to make smart choices on what you really need for your home office vs the toys you would like to have because they are new and cool.

Take the iPad as an example. Yes, I would LOVE to have one, but... do I need to have one? When it comes to products such as the iPad or cell phones with two screens there needs to be a balance point between want and need.

Yes, I want an iPad, but I can do my work without one as I save up to be able to get myself one for next Christmas. Maybe. We'll see how the finances are going.

Before you buy that kewl new gadget or a more powerful computer stop and ask yourself a few questions:

1) Do I really need this to do my job?
2) What will this do that nothing else can do?
3) Is the price going to drop soon, and can I get by without it until then?
4) Will I strain my income if I buy this?
5) Could I buy a less expensive brand that does the same thing?
6) Why do I want this? List 5 good reasons to get it and 5 reasons not to.
7) Have I researched what others in my work area have to say about owning this item?

I think if you get through those seven questions you should be ready to ask a few more of your own, and have a better idea on if you want a new gizmo, or if you really do need to make that purchase.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy