Friday, May 06, 2011

Speed Reading

Working at home means that every second is valuable and another missed chance to earn money to pay the bills. So, it is essential that things that might take some time be made to move faster. I love to read, but I never have the time to. As a result I have found myself thinking for the first time in many years about speed reading.

I first heard about speed reading from my mom years ago when she mentioned it and, at my asking what it was, showed me ads in a magazine and explained it. I always equated reading with relaxation so have had the mindset that slow is the best speed. Now, however, I need to reverse that thinking and learn to speed my reading up.

In a test I clocked my standard reading speed right now to be about 165 words per minute. According to the below video, average reading speeds are between 125 and 200 words a minute. I seem to already read at about an average speed, even though I thought I read rather slowly, so it should not take much for me to speed up my reading speed - if I can just stop the tendency to want to silently recite what I read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy