Tuesday, October 11, 2011

When writers can't write

I have been faced by a potentially serious situation in my writing. I can normally be very selective in when I should write about something and when I should keep my silence, however, I have been drawn into a situation where I really want to speak up about the malicious things that someone has said about my deceased father. This same person has also, in a prior posting, made despicable insinuations about my deceased mother. It is very difficult for me, as a writer, to not express my disgust at the things that the person has wrote about my parents and yet I really do not want to let them goad me into responding to their writing, because they are very clearly saying things that they know are wrong and hateful only to force responses.

I have been effectively crippled in my efforts to write, since every time I start to write I want to address the lies that have been made about my parents. As a writer, this has caused a serious injury to my business. And that is serious since my business is just starting to pick back up following the triple hits the past few years of the economic crash hurting my earnings and the deaths of first my mother then my father.

What is a writer to do when they find that they can not write? It is a very frustrating situation. One that is made even worse by the direct attacks that the person has made on my parents, who can no longer speak up and defend the lies that were made against them by someone that never knew them and, from what I can tell, only seeks to harm their memory because it seems that it might gain her attention. That is, in my opinion, the most vile of things that anyone could do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy