Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Why do I like working at home?

There are some very good reasons why I like to work from home and be my own boss. As aggravating as it can be, there are some good points too. My best friend just commented to me in an instant message during her lunch break that she was not looking forward to going back to work since she was tired and did not feel like she should be driving. Still, if she wants to keep her job she better get back to the office and not take another 20 minutes or hour to nap now that she's eaten.

Another friend called me last night to let me know that she was not going to be on AIM because she had worked so hard on a project at work that her eyes were irritated and she was just going to go straight home and crawl in bed to try and stave off a headache.

By working for myself at home I can avoid such problems and don't have to commute or jump and work on someone else's schedule. I can take a fifteen minute break whenever I need to so I can get up and stretch. I'll make up that time at the end of the workday or over the weekend. I can also lay down for a hour and nap - or pause to go to a doctor's appointment for my dad without having to have prearranged time off to do that.

I can sleep in in the mornings. I can leave my desk comfortably cluttered. I can spill coffee on the keyboard. I can call in sick and not have someone tell me that I *HAVE* to show up. If I want to let my cat sit on my shoulder as I type, it's perfectly fine. He fell asleep there for half an hour the other night.

So, I like working at home, I just wish that I had a better income from it. I'm working toward that though, and will keep y'all appraised on what I can manage for reaching that and of anything I find of interest along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy