Tuesday, December 11, 2007

C64 - 25 years later

Do you remember your first computer? I remember the first computer I programmed, well, I did not write the program, my dad wrote it and then had me feed the punch cards that held it into the computer for him. The thing took up an entire wall in a room next to his office at a place called Data Center in Los Angeles. That was in the mid 1970's.

Then the Vic 20 came out. We were in Washington at that time and my dad bought a Vic 20 as soon as it hit the stores near us. I learned to program on the Vic 20. In 1982 I walked into a store on a military base and there was the dream of dreams - a Commodore 64. Oh, I fell in love. There were a couple of GIs standing there puzzling over what good the computer could be when it had no program and just kept saying error to what they tried to get it to do. I waited until they lost interest, then I went over and programmed it to say "Hello World!" Such a nice little machine.

Later on it was the very first computer I bought for myself, not that same machine, but a Commodore 64. I cherished it and still have it put away out in the shed in the yard. The cords and peripherals have been lost over the years, but I still have my Commodore 64 and still consider it one of the best computers of all time.

I'm not alone, either. Check out the article Commodore 64 still loved after all these years for more information on the Commodore 64. and also Commodore 64 topics. Why, there is even a website dedicated to the beloved Commodore 64 - c64.com definitely be sure to check that page out if you loved a C64 once upon a time in the 80's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy