Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wait, Mr. President.... I work too!

The goal of democrats in congress is to get the stimulus package to President Obama's desk by President's Day, however, I am a little concerned about this stimulus package and what it will mean for those of us who work for ourselves.

Last year I, and several other people that I know, did not qualify for any help from the stimulus package because while we earned money and paid taxes - we did not get a W2 from some company. I was not too concerned about it because the way I understood it was that anyone that did not get a stimulus check in 2008 would get one in 2009. Now it seems that is not the case?

From what I have been hearing the checks are being sent out to go into people's paychecks... i.e. it is going to people that work at companies and get W2s from an employer. I will once again be passed over, as will the others who were passed over last year, because I work for myself and do not get a W2 from anyone.

This means that the stimulus is going to people that do not need it and to people who had already got checks last year. I hope I am wrong and that there is a plan in there for how people like me can get the same help that everyone else is getting, but it certainly looks like if you are trying to make your own way in the world and building a small business that will help make more jobs in the future that you are being left out of the stimulus package because you don't have a job in the eyes of the President.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy