Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Set up a good studio

I've been trying for a while now to get myseld a good home studio set up. Something where I can work on my crafts when I feel like working on them but not have to stuff things away in boxes. As a multi-interest person I have boxes of things for bookbinding, paper making, polymer clay work, doll making, quilting, scrap booking, ... well, you get the idea. I like to dabble in a wide range of crafts and have actually done professional work in a few (egg carving, polymer clay dolls, re-born dolls, candle making, and bookbinding).

With my egg carving case currently dismantled it has been a couple of years since I could work on that craft, and my book presses are slightly scattered. All very disappointing for me since I desperately want to bind some books and have some ivory I want to inlay in the covers and can't work with until I set my vented egg carving cabinet back up.

Anyway, I highly recommend dedicating a shed, section of the garage, spare bedroom, attic, whatever space you can find, to your assorted crafts and spreading them out as much as you can so that you won't have to gather things up and tuck them in corners between projects. This will also allow you to better decide just which of your hobbies you might have more than passing interest in and could turn into a business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy