Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Avast kicks out viruses Norton can't even see

I uninstalled Norton today and got Avast going at 100%. It was not at all surprising when the first thing Avast did was inform me that it had found adware. I told it to leave Alexa alone and it went on scanning. A moment later it paused again to let me know that it had just discovered a virus buried deep in the computer and wanted to recommend a bootup scan of the entire hard drive. No surprise there either, I told it to go for it.

I like Avast, I trust it a lot more than I do Norton. The last time I made this switch on one of my computers Avast detected almost twenty viruses and keyloggers that Norton had not known were there. Makes me feel real safe with Norton. ::snort::

Avast has two different versions, one for business use and one for home use. The home use one does not have as many bells and whistles, but it is free for home users. So far the best configuration I have found is:


There is a third one too, that I use a lot, but I can't remember name off the top of my head right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy