Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The fine line between work and home

There is a line drawn somewhere between work and home. A defining point that I can't quite place my finger on that seems to shift back and forth between being between me and the things I should do around the house and far out past my reach where I can't tell if I am working or at home.

It seems like some days are better suited to working at home than others. Even some hours, particularly some hours, are better suited than others. I can get my best work done early in the morning, but I have to stay up late at night working on things around the house. I can not actually make money until late morning to mid afternoon, but that is the time when I am most on call for my real work as a full-time caregiver.

It is all a finite balancing act of juggling several pieces of delicate china and a couple of bowling balls. You know that if you can keep them all straight and in the air you'll have a lot of fun, but if they come too close to one another or one is dropped... you either break something or end up with your foot in a cast.

Maybe people that work at home are innately insane to want to juggle work and home life, but then, maybe they have the best jobs out there. Only each person that works at home can answer that and I have a feeling it changes we often as the location of that defining line that lies between work and home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy