Wednesday, March 28, 2007

FireTitles in Firefox - one of the handiest add-ons I have found

The most useful feature for anyone that works at home online has got to be the Firefox add-on FireTitle. The FireTitle add-on allows you to create a specific name for the main window in a set of Firefox windows. Each window allows you to have multiple tabs open inside of it.

So, for example I can open three browser windows and use FireTitle to name them let's say... "Novel Research", "Character Research", and "Procrastination" Each of those can have more than one tab inside of them, but those three names are the names I see on the taskbar at the bottom of the Windows screen. So we have...

Novel Research
  1. Website on Dragons
  2. Website on surviving in a swampland environment
  3. Article on how to start a fire with a flint and steel
Character Research
  1. Website for searching model and actor pictures to find visual representatives for characters
  2. Website on phobias to find something to make the character more human
  3. Article on how to make characters talk more naturally
Procrastination
  1. eBay
  2. A game website I found when looking for a good site on dragons
And so forth. As you can see I can use the tabs feature in Firefox to separate what I am up to onto different browser windows, and then use the FireTitle add-on to help me keep those different windows straight in the taskbar. I would give you a link to where you can find FireTitle, but it's in the add-ons pages that you get to from following the link in Firefox's "tools" menu and the last time I went there I came back with 20+ add-ons that I had to have for my computer. ;-) Addictive place, you've been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy