Thursday, May 31, 2007

I want a hammock for my muses

No, really, it's for the muses. I'm not thinking a place to lounge and soak up the nice summer days like a sponge, the muses really want it. You're not buying that story, are you?

Okay, seriously, one of my complaints about my yard is the fact that there are not two trees of sufficient size properly spaced to support a hammock between them. I love hammocks and would love to have one out in the yard suspended between two trees on which I could toss some pillows and blankets and lounge in the warm afternoons and ponder the occasional passing cloud. It's good for the muses don'cha know?

But, alas, I have no ideally spaced trees of sufficient size. I do have a set of trees that are spaced just about right for a hammock, but they are not big enough to string one up between them yet.



My niece had a hammock at the old ranch in Washington, I loved resting in it, and we had a hammock at a place that we had once years and years ago, so I know I like the things, but I'm going to have to resort to getting one with a stand if I want to have one around here any time soon.

At least when my trees grow up they should be nice shady trees for it. They are a pair of lovely birch trees. Actually, the one on the left in the picture is a cluster of about 4 trees, not just one. For now I'm in the market for hammock stands, though, so it's nice that there are sites like Hammocks Rock where I can research the different types and figure out what is best for my style and the decor of my yard.

I don't want something that is going to look ugly out in the yard, I'd much rather it blend in and compliment the way things look out there and be a base I can build around since it will be a long term part of my yard (at least until the trees grow up enough).

I'm thinking natural wood, since I have a love for natural textures and colors. A nice natural wood stand with a good sturdy cotton hammock strung up in it. That would be nice and go so well out in the yard. Then the muses would be happy, don't ya think?

Seriously, the muses would LOVE it, I'm sure they would get more prolific for me then... well... at least in my dreams as I am snoozing away the summer days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy