Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stop Motion

As a writer I do a lot of writing. In fact, my relaxation has always been to hang out with my friends and, yup, write. This is leading, of course, to stiffness in my fingers and I am sure carpel tunnel syndrome, but I can't help it, I love to write.

Well, I have decided that I am going to take up a new relaxation and it is in truth an old dream of mine. You see, long before I wanted to be a writer, I wanted to be a film maker. I wanted to work as a camera operator and make visually stunning worlds come to life like George Lucas had done with Star Wars. I wanted to be a special effects artist and make people believe that anything was possible like Ray Harryhausen had done with the skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts (when I first saw that movie I had not known the skeletons were stop motion, so I turned my eye to special effects).

I have loved stop motion since I figured out what it was, but I have not had the ability to do it in a way that I (a perfectionist) could feel satisfied with. Until now. I have a chance now to get into making stop motion films and I am going to do it. It will be my relaxing hobby that lets me relax after a hard day of work and unwind. Something to let my aching fingers and hands rest after too much typing.

I think everyone needs something that lets them get away from their work long enough to recharge and the slow and careful work of stop motion is going to be mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy