Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Evolution of computers

My dad is in the other room watching 70's tech on Modern Marvels. It is interesting to look back at things I grew up with, such as Pong and Speak & Spell and all that, and other things I have known in my life, and see just how far those things have come to what we have today. I remember going to work with my dad when he worked as a computer programmer in the 70's and the computers took up a huge wall in a room. I would sit and feed punch cards into the computer for him. Years later I was in college and the teacher held up some old methods for storing data on computers and asked if anyone knew what they were and had ever seen any of them. I don't think he believed me when I said I recognized every one of them and had seen them all before. That was when computers were just starting to use 3.5 floppies. Now here we are, my brother has a DVD burner that features lightscribe technology. Where will we be in another 30 years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy