Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sometimes you want an office outside the home too

You know, working at home is great, so don't get me wrong and think that I don't absolutely love it, but it really does have its drawbacks. I'm lucky in that I am a freelance writer, so my at home work is mostly things where I do not have to have meetings with clients and since I am not into interviews I don't need to worry about that, but there are times when getting out of the house is essential.

I've been looking more and more into podcasting (I need voice lessons eewwww), but anyway, there is so much noise in my house that it is hard to work on a podcast without having the commercials on the front room television suddenly blaring loudly in the background. Or having someone yell through the house, or the phone ringing... add in barking dogs and meowing cats that think they need to be in my lap or on my shoulder and you can see why I want to run screaming to an office outside the home some days.

Back when I was writing business plans and grand proposals for people I would have them meet me at the local coffee house rather than bringing them to my house. A much better alternative would have been to have had them meet me at an office, but I had never heard of any such thing as office space that you could rent without having to rent an entire office building. Now days there is a much better solution for writers that are looking for a place to meet clients rather than going to the local coffee shop. You can rent either shared or private office space on a month to month basis.

If you live in the Memphis area Memphis office space is available starting at $84 a month (as of this writing). Conference rooms and private offices can be reserved for use by the hour, and everything from Internet service and unlimited long distance phone service to office furniture can included in the office.

If you would like to find out more about hoe you can enjoy the luxury of working at home and still have a place outside the home to meet with business partners or clients then check out the link above and find out what office space rentals are available in Memphis from Ofiplex - Executive Suites & Virtual Offices.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy