Saturday, September 13, 2008

Potential drug interactions

This announcement was paid for by Epocrates. Epocrates Online is a free website aimed at clinicians where over 3,000 drugs can be checked for possible interactions, common side effects, accurate dosage information and even estimated prescription cost.

Now they have a new feature where members can view pictures of the pills, allowing for better identification of medications and giving better assurance that what you think you have is really what the bottle says it is.

One of the biggest dangers to anyone that is taking multiple prescription medications is the danger of dangerous drug interactions, and with the help of websites such as Epocrates Online, family caregivers can be better equipped to avoid such dangers.

In my current life right now, my parents are quitting smoking. My dad has managed to stop on his own, with difficulty, but my mom is considering if pills would be right for her. After looking at the possible side effects of stop smoking pills such as Chantix, I personally think she might be better off to continue smoking than take something that could cause emotional disturbances, abnormal dreams and suicidality.

That is one of the reasons I like Epocrates Online, working for myself keeps me busy, but Epocrates Online makes it easy for me to find out things like that about the medications that my parents might be taking - before they take them and have potentially serious side effects or interactions with other medications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy