Thursday, July 16, 2009

Custom Buttons 2 for Firefox

I determined that I have to find an easier way to get things done during the day, so I went out and hunted up the Custom Buttons add-on that I had at one time for Firefox. I found the new version of it, Custom Buttons2 and loaded it up. After a few hours of getting lost on how to make it work for what I need, I gave up. Yes, I gave up. I unloaded it and went back to looking for another add-on that might be easier to use.

I found the older version of Custom Buttons that I had used before and decided to try it, it had worked before after all. So, I downloaded it and tried it and after a bit of looking around I figured out the code needed to make it open a URL for me. Inspiration hit and I loaded up the newer version once again and tried the code in that. Eureka!

I can now make my own toolbar for my work stuff so that when I am working, the only toolbars at the top of the screen are ones related to what I am working on at that time.

For example, I am working on writing about health things for my health websites. I can have a toolbar displayed that keeps me focused just on the things needed for that work, uncluttered by links that I use when working on my family caregiving articles, writing classes, or the novel I am working on.

So... what's the secret to the Custom Buttons2 toolbar?
loadURI("http://www.thewritingoffice.com");

Enter that in the code section, under the /*code*/ entry. This lets you open your chosen website from the customized button. Change http://www.thewritingoffice.com to whatever url you want the button to open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy