Monday, September 27, 2010

Bookbinding as a second job

I'm going to be starting up an official second job soon, one that will nicely compliment my current work as a freelance writer. I want to turn my bookbinding into a full out income producing job.

I spoke to the people at the funeral home that we use in town, and they would be interested in seeing a sample of what I can do, so now I need to get things set up so that I can start mass creating hand bound books that I can sell. It is going to take me a little time to get everything organized and the room fixed for the work, but hopefully by the start of November I will be ready for basic book production.

I will then let the profits from the business help to expand things to be more and more advanced in my bookbinding until I can even craft my own hinges and things. I was taught basic metal working by a master metal smith after all, so it would be very cool to be able to craft my own hand made hinges for the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy