Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Redesign of my office

Part of my Christmas present from my parents and others in my family is to help me get a new desktop computer so I can stop using my poor abused laptop as a desktop. This means that I am going to be working on redesigning my home office to accommodate a desktop computer once again.



Hopefully we'll be going to the local Rent To Own store within the next few days to pick one out. Between now and then I am going to be revamping the office area and tossing out 99% of the things that are getting in my way and have no business being in my office.



I'm also going to be redesigning my work space to be more user friendly in hopes of making it less painful on my low back to be sitting at my desk for long periods of time. Changes I have in mind include:



  • Adjust the level of the work surface so that it is at a comfortable height
  • Find a chair with good lumbar support or use a lumbar support cushion
  • Design the office so that I can easily stand up and move around in it
  • Arrange items to encourage me to get up and walk across the room - printer across room maybe?
  • Kick out all the junk food and replace with good for me things, and set up a place for a pitcher of water

  • Find a low stool to rest my feet on


2 Comments:

Blogger Been Through It All said...

Why would you go to a rent to own store to get a laptop? Call Dell, anybody... you'll pay $2,000 for a $500 PC.

January 04, 2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Actually, on my $1,000 laptop I only paid $600, and this one I will be paying $900 on a $1,200 desktop by the time I get it paid off.

You don't let the rental go to the full term, you pay it out within 30 days.

Rent A Center (which where I have got my computers, not Rent to Own, sorry) is good for people like me that don't have the money up front and that Dell won't give credit to. A couple of days ago Rent A Center looked at my form, saw that I make ALL my money by writing content for the Internet, understands that it is hit or miss work that may not be there tomorrow, and still handed me a brand new computer.

When I got my laptop I was helping a friend clean houses occasionally and told Rent A Center that it was not regular work, but I did expect to be able to work enough to pay for my computer. They handed it to me.

Dell willing to do that? Is Gateway? Are any of them computer sellers? There are times and reasons for using Rent A Center, Rent to Own and stores like it. We've got things from Rent to Own as well over the years: washers/dryers, TV, living room sets, freezers, dishwashers -- the trick is to not let the contract go past the "Same as cash" point. Pay it off early, get the "same as cash" price and you are not paying too much. If you pay it off over 2 or 3 years then, yes, in that case you would be paying twice as much because of interest.

January 08, 2007 7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy