Monday, May 21, 2007

I was maimed by my nephew's dog

One of my nephews dogs was running loose on a snapped chain just before dusk this evening, and I went out to tie her back up. The cats decided that since I was there it was time to eat the dog's food. The dog, of course thought that was not a good idea, so she jumped into a lunge to go after the cats just as I was trying to fasten the chain in place.... and almost took off my right thumb.

It's now all skinned by the dog chain on the inner edge of the first knuckle, which leaves me typing one handed with my left hand.

What is bad is I have several hours of typing work to do and tomorrow I have to make some strawberry beds. I got some cement when I was in town tonight to use in making stone retaining walls around a electric pole set up on a hill in the yard. The walls will reinforce the slope so it don't erode away and the strawberries... well, they will make wonderful munchies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy