Friday, July 20, 2007

Is Bigger Better in Pickup Trucks?

It seems like everyone is driving large trucks now days. When I was coming out of Wal Mart day before yesterday there was a pickup backing out of a parking space that was just massive. I wish I'd had a camera with me, because the thing was just huge - as in fire engine length huge. It did not help the perception any that the thing was also bright fire engine red. I actually looked around for anything on it that might signify the thing was a fire engine.

After I got in the car with my mom the bug truck beside us sat for the longest time as me and mom talked, finally the guy pulled out and we realized he had been waiting for us to leave because even though we were in our space all the way, his truck was so massive he had to make a very sharp turn to avoid doing a three point turn to get out of the parking area.

I don't understand driving them trucks that are too big to get around in places with. I can see where a nice extended cab would be good to have, even a king cab, but those ones that are more quantifiable as being a semi truck? :::shakes head::: Unless you're working on a large farm and need the hauling room for bales of hay, what's the point?

I know that a large part of the attraction to the larger trucks is that they have diesel engines, but now I guess Isuzu and Toyota have formed an alliance to work on developing a diesel engine for passenger cars. They're looking to create a engine that is environmentally friendly. Yoshinori Ida, President of Isuzu,states, "By teaming up with Toyota, I am certain that we will be able to create the world's best diesel engines." It is an alliance that he sees as not only strengthening the competitive edge of the two companies, but contributing to the global environment.

Katsuaki Watanabe, President of Toyota, seems to agree as he states, "Toyota sees protecting the environment as the biggest mission for an automaker." He goes on to note that hybrid technology is one effective way to protect the environment, "but given that each country has different energy policies and regulations... we believe it is necessary to further strengthen areas related to diesels."

I can't wait to see what the two come up with and which other automobile companies follow their lead in joining together to find a solution that benefits the environment more than it benefits big business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy