Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's not easy to write a novel

Trying to write a novel is hard work, a lot harder than one would expect. I can see why many of the famous writers ended up working on their first successful novel in spurts here and there. I heard that John Grisham wrote on scraps of paper while waiting between sessions at court. Someone told me that J.K. Rowling scribbled out notes during breaks as she worked. It seems that to actually get published, you have to steal the time to write wherever you can steal it from. I have started stealing a few minutes here and there whenever I can get time to breathe. That has added over 1,000 words to my novel in the past week, so I Just have to keep up the steadfast plugging away. If Grisham and Rowling can do it then I can, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy