Friday, September 26, 2008

Personal loss

For some reason, just when you think that you have everything under control, something will happen that will unravel everything.

That happened with me this month.

Just as things were starting to look like they were under control, like life might settle down and me and my parents could start getting the things we had been putting off done my mom suffered a massive heart attack. She died at Providence Hospital in Anchorage Alaska on September 14th of heart failure.

I'm still trying to not only come to terms with that loss, but to pick things back up and get the things she would have dealt with taken care of. My mom had taken care of all of the bills and everything for the house, which leaves me to take care of those now. She'd just started looking into getting herself life insurance, which means that she died without any kind of life insurance coverage. So now, money that had been going to go toward repairs for the house heating system going into winter have gone instead to paying funeral expenses.

Which means that I can not take time to grieve, I need to get myself to work and come up with whatever money I can manage to come up with so I can pay the bills and replace the broken heating system before the temperatures here drop into the -20 to -60 range that Alaskan winters are known for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy