Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sometimes a course correction needs to be corrected.

It has been a rocky year for me. A few years actually. In 2008 my work was on the decline because of the faltering economy, then my mom passed away and I all but had to stop my work. I started getting things back up and going, slowly but steadily, and a few months ago I finally got everything back up and starting to stabilize itself - then my dad's health started to falter. I spent more time begging family for help than working on my business, and once again, my business nose dived down to where I was not able to do any of my work.

I placed very serious consideration into ceasing my job at home as a freelance writer, even wrote up a plan for how to smoothly go out of business over the next few months until tax time when I would close down my home business and file one last tax return for it.

In the time since my father passed away I have been thinking seriously once again about my work, and while it is tempting to go ahead and stop working at home - particularly since I need to locate a steady job that has a reliable paycheck attached to it, I also know that what I am doing, writing as a living, has been something I wanted for a very long time, and it was something that my parents were both very proud of me for achieving. I'm not going to stop just because I've been stumbling. It is time to pick myself up and sweep off the dust from the trail and keep trudging along it.

So, this is the continuing journey of my efforts to support myself through my love of writing, and what I learn along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy