Thursday, December 02, 2010

Voynich Manuscript

Something that has held my interest for many long years, longer even than writing, is the art of bookbinding. I love the feel of books and the way they are pieced together. Recently I had the chance, thanks to my brothers, to go and visit the Origins Museum while it was set up here in Alaska, spending a good long while just studying the lovely antique books and manuscripts that were on display in the museum.

After having done some more poking around online I discovered the Voynich Manuscript and have decided that I want to attempt a replication of this manuscript. It is going to be a long process, and will only be an approximate replication since I of course can not examine the original, but there should be sufficient images online for me to make a reasonable effort at a modern copy of the manuscript.

And yes, it will be a modern copy, I do not plan on using period materials, only materials that can create a reasonable facsimile of the original materials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Business Blogs - Blog Flare
Privacy Policy